The American Pastured Poultry Producers Association is pleased to announce a one-day intensive training course for upstart pastured poultry producers in Greenville, Texas, on January 20, 2019. The course will feature modules on planning, marketing, housing/brooding, nutrition, and processing.
This course is instructor-led by pastured poultry experts and will focus on giving participants a deep introduction and firm foundation to raising pastured poultry for profit.
Who should attend?
- People who are new to raising pastured poultry
- Those who are transitioning from a family flock to a market flock
- Farmers who have struggled with their pastured poultry management and marketing
- New employees at established pastured poultry farms
- So, you want to sell pastured poultry?
- How to create a budget for layers and broilers.
- Brooder and pasture shelter design.
- Flock nutrition and feeding for healthy, profitable chicks.
- Developing a marketer’s mindset.
- An overview of regulations and options for processing and egg sales.
This short course precedes our annual conference, but it is an independent event designed for start-up pastured poultry producers. The annual conference is designed for experienced producers or those operating at a larger scale.
- Premium Ticket: Includes in-persona attendance, lunch, conference handouts, Producer Plus Membership, networking, and access to the presentation recordings. $199
- In Person Attendee: Includes in-person attendance, lunch, conference handouts, Producer Plus membership, and networking. $150
- Digital Course: Includes access to the the presentation recordings and digital materials. Digital course is not live; it will be released soon after the live training. $49 for members; $99 for non-members.
Attendees are responsible for booking and paying for your own lodging. APPPA is holding a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express for $89 per night plus taxes and fees.
To reserve a room at the Holiday Inn Express (2901 Mustang Crossing, Greenville Texas 75402), call 903-454-8680 and reference group name APPPA. This rate only available until January 1, 2019.
If you need assistance for conference registrations, the following unaffiliated resources may be helpful.
Food Animal Concerns Trust Scholarship.