Registration Deadline: January 11, 2019 for in-person training.
The American Pastured Poultry Producers Association is pleased to announce a one-day intensive training course for upstart pastured poultry producers in Greenville, Texas, on January 20, 2019. The course will feature modules on planning, marketing, housing/brooding, nutrition, and processing.
This course is instructor-led by pastured poultry experts and will focus on giving participants a deep introduction and firm foundation to raising pastured poultry for profit.
Who should attend?
- People who are new to raising pastured poultry
- Those who are transitioning from a family flock to a market flock
- Farmers who have struggled with their pastured poultry management and marketing
- New employees at established pastured poultry farms
- Let's start with a plan and some goal setting by Mike Badger.
- How to create a budget for layers and broilers by Jeff Mattocks and David Hale.
- Brooder and pasture shelter design by David Hale and Dave Shields.
- Flock nutrition and feeding for healthy, profitable chicks by Jeff Mattocks.
- Developing a marketer’s mindset by Paul Greive.
- An overview of regulations and options for processing and egg sales by Craig Haney.
This short course precedes our annual conference, but it is an independent event designed for start-up pastured poultry producers. The annual conference is designed for experienced producers or those operating at a larger scale.
If you would like to register for both events, please register for them individually.
- Premium Ticket: Includes in-persona attendance, lunch, conference handouts, Producer Plus Membership, networking, and access to the presentation recordings. $199
- In Person Attendee: Includes in-person attendance, lunch, conference handouts, Producer Plus membership, and networking. $150
- Digital Course: Includes access to the the presentation recordings and digital materials. Digital course is not live; it will be released soon after the live training. $49 for members; $99 for non-members.
Attendees are responsible for booking and paying for your own lodging. APPPA is holding a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express for $89 per night plus taxes and fees.
To reserve a room at the Holiday Inn Express (2901 Mustang Crossing, Greenville Texas 75402), call 903-454-8680 and immediately tell the front desk that you need to make a reservation as part of a group. Then reference company/group name "APPPA. Room rate is good through January 1, 2019.