Registration Deadline: In-person registration is closed. You can still purchase the digital training and recordings.
Read first: Please read and understand the registration options below. If you register for an in-person or premium ticket type for the intensive training on January 20, you will become a Producer Plus member when you pay for this registration. Existing members will be renewed for 1 year.
The American Pastured Poultry Producers Association is pleased to announce a one-day intensive training course for upstart pastured poultry producers in Greenville, Texas, on January 20, 2019. The course will feature modules on planning, marketing, housing/brooding, nutrition, and processing.
This course is instructor-led by pastured poultry experts and will focus on giving participants a deep introduction and firm foundation to raising pastured poultry for profit.
Who should attend?
- People who are new to raising pastured poultry
- Those who are transitioning from a family flock to a market flock
- Farmers who have struggled with their pastured poultry management and marketing
- New employees at established pastured poultry farms
- Let's start with a plan and some goal setting by Mike Badger.
- How to create a budget for layers and broilers by Jeff Mattocks and David Hale.
- Brooder and pasture shelter design by David Hale and Dave Shields.
- Flock nutrition and feeding for healthy, profitable chicks by Jeff Mattocks.
- Developing a marketer’s mindset by Paul Greive.
- An overview of regulations and options for processing and egg sales by Craig Haney.
This short course precedes our annual conference, but it is an independent event designed for start-up pastured poultry producers. The annual conference is designed for experienced producers or those operating at a larger scale.
If you would like to register for both events, please register for them individually.
- Premium Ticket: Includes in-persona attendance, lunch, conference handouts, Producer Plus Membership, networking, and access to the presentation recordings. $199. Register a guest for $90 when you purchase the first ticket.
- In Person Attendee: Includes in-person attendance, lunch, conference handouts, Producer Plus membership, and networking. $150. Register a guest for $90 when yu purchase the first ticket.
- Digital Course: Includes access to the the presentation recordings and digital materials. Digital course is not live; it will be released soon after the live training. $49 for members; $99 for non-members.
To reserve a room at the Holiday Inn Express (2901 Mustang Crossing, Greenville Texas 75402), call 903-454-8680 and immediately tell the front desk that you need to make a reservation as part of a group. Then reference company/group name "APPPA. Room rate is good through January 1, 2019.
Attendees are responsible for booking and paying for your own lodging. APPPA is holding a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn Express for $89 per night plus taxes and fees.
The American Pastured Poultry Producers Association would like to thank the following companies for their generous support of pastured poultry through this event. Please take a moment to visit them and personally thank them for their support.