Join us for 2 virtual preconference training days in December. These sessions are designed to be standalone events leading up to our in-person conference in January.
Dec 4: Quickstart to Raising Pastured Poultry for Profit
Learn about raising pastured chickens, turkeys, layers, and ducks from experienced producers. Ideal for producers with 0 to 2 years of experience who have not previously attended an APPPA training course or for more experienced producers who need help.
- Raising Meat Birds by Daniel Salatin (90 minutes)
- Raising Pastured Turkeys by Craig Haney and Ginger Shields (90 minutes)
- Raising Layers for Eggs by Christian Alexandre (90 minutes)
- Raising Ducks by Ben Grimes (90 minutes)
Dec 11: Breeding Poultry for Market
Breeding standard-bred and heritage birds offers a variety of market opportunities from chick sales to direct sales of meat and eggs.
- Breeding for Day Old Chick Sales by Matt Hemmer
- Breeding and Growing Turkeys by Shelly Oswald
- Scaling an on-farm breeding program by Allison Steward
- Breeding for Direct Meat Sales by Brent and Anna Wills
When you register, you can choose from December 4, December 11, or both. Recordings will be available to you based the ticket type your choose.
We will use the event management system Whova to organize the event and to provide an online networking opportunity for attendees to meet and discuss topics. With Whova, even attendees can schedule their own meetups after the event to further discuss ideas.
You will receive instructions to join the Whova event platform the week before the event.